Something wonderful is happening to us. Baby number seven is on the way. The last of a large rambunctious group of children. Join us as we travel through the months of this journey.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Lovenox December 22


I have what is called Factor V Leiden it is a blood clotting disorder. In order to keep a pregnancy I need to keep my blood thin, I need to inject myself once a day. I went to pick up the perscription at the pahrmacists and they wanted 400$ for the copay for a months worth. HUH? I knew it was expensive but dang! So I called both my doctor to see if there was anything cheraper or another option. We figured out that I could get it in the mail much cheaper. That was a relief, but what to do in between times. It was over ten dollars a syringe. I managed to get a rush on the mail order and they overnighted it. It came three days later, don't know if it was just the delivery guys or the fact that Christmas was quickly aproaching. I called Fed ex and the pharmacy several times those few days.

Either way, the package came sometime on Christmas eve, and it wasnt frozen
What an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment